CAPRICORN MUTUAL LTD
This Privacy Statement is designed to provide information to members and potential members of Capricorn Mutual Limited ("CML") about individual personal information that is collected, the reasons for collection and any subsequent disclosure of this information.
CML is committed to respecting members and potential members' rights to protect their personal information in accordance with the 10 National Privacy Principles contained in the Australian Privacy Act 1988 and the 12 Information Privacy Principles contained in the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
CML collects information under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Australian members) and the Privacy Act 1993 (NZ) (New Zealand members).
The information we may collect includes:
- Your name, business address, ABN, home address, phone numbers, fax numbers and email addresses;
- Your date of birth;
- Financial information such as assets and liabilities statements;
- Information such as renewal dates, current premiums and levels of protection, annual payroll, annual turnover, gross profit and details of previous claims history; and
- Certain health details may be needed to access contributions and claims.
REASONS FOR COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
The reasons why we collect certain personal information from you include:-
- Enable and facilitate the delivery and provision of services, benefits and entitlements to CML members;
- To help CML identify any products or services that might be beneficial to CML members;
- Identifying you when you are doing business with us;
- Protecting your personal information from unauthorised access;
- Assessing and investigating a claim made by you or your personal representative under one or more of our products;
- Internal accounting and account administration;
- To meet or satisfy the purpose for which the information was provided;
- Provide an efficient claims management service;
- To comply with the obligations imposed on CML by law; and
- Ensure CML and Capricorn Society Limited (CSL) databases are accurate.
USE AND DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
In order to keep members informed about updates or changes to the services CML offers, or products and services available from CML, we may employ a variety of direct marketing techniques. CML considers that direct marketing to our members forms an integral part of delivering services to members and prospective members, and that these functions or services are directly related to CML's primary purpose for originally collecting the personal information. Without such a service, the communication between CML members and CML may be substantially reduced, and would be unlikely to deliver the benefits and returns that have been experienced to date.
CML may transfer your personal information within the CML Group to each and every entity comprising the CML Group and use your personal information for any purpose for which CML holds your personal information or any purpose necessarily related thereto.
Upon request, CML will provide you with details of the information that CML has on file about you (unless there is an exception which applies under privacy law) including for the purposes of allowing you to correct or update that information. CML takes reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information CML collects, uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
You have, subject to any exceptions permitted by law, the right to access the personal information CML stores about you. If you find that the information CML holds about you is inaccurate or out of date then CML will, at your request in writing, correct it. If you wish to access your information that CML holds, then CML asks you to contact CML.
COMPLIANCE AND CONTACTING US
If you think your personal information has not been dealt with appropriately by CML in relation to your privacy, then you can complain directly to CML's Privacy Officer in the following manner:
- You can write to the Privacy Officer at PO Box 656, Welshpool DC, WA , 6986;
- You can email the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- You can call the Privacy Officer; Australia 1800 007 022 or New Zealand 1800 833 790
For further information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at http://www.privacy.gov.au.
For further information about privacy issues in New Zealand and protecting your privacy, you may visit the Privacy Commissioner's website at http://www.privacy.org.nz.